Boiler Servicing in Edinburgh
To make sure you get optimum performance from your central heating boiler, it’s highly recommended that it’s serviced once a year.
Also, being serviced annually is a condition of your warranty from the manufacturer, as well as being required by some insurance companies.
Why should I get my boiler serviced?
- Greatly reduce the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning
- Help to identify parts which may be running inefficiently
- Requirement under Gas regulations and manufacturers recommendations
- Will form part of the Home Buyers Pack requirements – to show maintenance
- Legal requirements for Landlords with gas appliances
- Peace of mind that your boiler is running safely
A boiler service includes:
- Visual examination of the appliance and its flue to confirm that it is suitably located and installed in accordance with all relevant regulations.
- Examination & cleaning of combustion chamber, fan, heat exchanger burner etc.
- Examination and testing of appliance, flue, safety devices, controls and components.
- Checking and adjusting burner pressure and gas rates.
- Confirming that the appliance is capable of safe operation.